Carolyn Graglia wrote this very long book with the sole purpose of contradicting the idea of feminism.I bought this book thinking that it was going to be about Biblical gender roles. It's not.
I also thought I was a moderate feminist. I'm not. Feminists want to be freed from the home to work on equal ground with men in the marketplace. I would rather be freed from the marketplace to care for my home and my family. Granted, the family of which I speak consists of just my husband, but nonetheless, I'd love to take care of him, thereby freeing him to take care of the world!
My own desires aside, the author of this book argues that society greatly benefits by having nuclear Bourgeois families to care for and raise the next generation. She reported statistics supporting the idea that children raised in traditional families are more likely to have a solid sense of self and a sense of responsibility, are more likely to be entrepreneurs, and are less likely to commit crimes or get divorced.
Whatever your views on the topic, it is a very interesting read!
No comments:
Post a Comment