Jon and I have just begun our second round of dance classes. We are taking a quasi-informal class for beginner dancers, and it is lovely. The transition we have experienced as a couple is incredible.
In the beginning, we were awkward at best and dangerous at worst. More importantly, though, we were frustrated. We could not seem to follow the music or each other. I couldn't seem to follow, and Jon had a hard time communicating to me what he wanted me to do!
Over the past few months, Jon and I have learned how to move together, how to read each others requests for movements, and most importantly, how to relax and enjoy each other. It's better than therapy!
I am glad you are enjoying dance so much--it is one of those things I have never thought I could learn/be like athletic. Now how about a real picture of the dancers!
ReplyDeleteBetty