Monday, October 25, 2010

My New Job

It has been a really long time since I have posted on this blog.  For that, I apologize.  I am not good at consistency.  I am good at procrastinating, apparently.

Here's a quick update: like I said in August, we are moved.  I am about two months into my new job, and I LOVE IT!  As a speech-language pathologist, this is my third job in as many years.  My first job was in a private pediatric clinic.  It was very difficult, and I felt like I did not have the freedom to do my job as professional.  My second job was at a hospital.  It was better; I liked much of that job.  I got to pilot a telerehab program with a wonderful occupational therapist whom I really should email.  I worked with some neat technology, and my patients seemed to benefit from the therapy that I was blessed to be able to provide.  But, we moved!

Now, I have a splendid job in the school system.  I cannot believe how much less stressed I am.  I look forward to going to work in the mornings, and I look forward to coming home at night.  The students I have are wonderful - most of my kiddos are pretty young, but I do have some middle and high schoolers, too.  I love the variety!  My colleagues are fabulous, and the team environment is just right for me!

Now, we are looking forward to the next thing.  What that be we still do not know, but I have a feeling the school system will continue to be an intimate part of my life. 

Thank you God, for your continuing faithfulness, even when it takes me several tries to make a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment