
I communicate for a living. Actually, I teach communication for a living; I am a speech-language pathologist.
So why is it so hard to communicate??
Here are some mis-communications my husband and I have discovered today:
1. Jon had a biopsy last Friday. We got the results today, and thank God, he does not have cancer. However, I thought that the CT scan he had came back with these results: "It's probably not cancer but we don't know what it is." What Jon was trying to say was, "The CT scan results indicated that they don't know what it is. If it wasn't growing, it probably would not be cancer. Since it is growing, it very well could be cancer."
2. This evening, I heard Jon say, "I probably won't leave (a city 2 hours away) until about 7:00 tomorrow night." What he thought he said was, "I'll probably be back from (the city 2 hours away) at about 7:00 tomorrow night."
3. On our vacation next month, I thought we were going to have a "girls" hotel room and a "boys" hotel room. He thought that my sisters and I were going to be in one room, possibly with him, and his parents were going to be in the other room, possibly with his sister.
What an evening of miscommunication! What makes it even more ironic is that Jon communicates for a living, too. He is a lawyer.
No comments:
Post a Comment