Friday, January 14, 2011

Book 6 of 44: Sarah, My Beloved

This is the first book of Sharlene MacLaren's that I have read, although I have seen her name on bookshelves since I began reading Christian fiction several years ago.  The plot is typical of Christian historical romantic fiction, and the character development is decent, but not amazing.

What is amazing is the story's gentle prodding toward trust in God.  The book walks the reader through the main character's bitterness following tragic loss, past anger and emotional walls, to healing with the help of the Lord.  I loved the reminders to trust God with my own life.  Especially in this time, as my husband and I are searching for the life that is God's plan for us, we seem to be running up against closed doors at every turn.  I know that God is in control of all things, and I am glad that I read this book in this moment to remind me to be patient with His timing.

I have one more book by this author to devour, and I expect it to be as quick of a read as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment