This is the third in a series of books by Sharlene MacLaren (also see book 6 of 44: Sarah, My Beloved). Courting Emma is also a Christian romance novel set in the late 19th century in Kentucky. Much of the book is about learning to rely on God's perfect timing.
The timing of this book fits the timing of my life perfectly, as my husband are learning to rely on God's perfect timing as we are searching for a job to replace his term position and are praying for patience to know where God is going to place us in his life.
Reading this book, I felt that God was nudging me to rely more and more on His decisions and His timing in this matter, and to not worry.
Once again, I quote the first Bible verse I ever memorized:
"Do not by anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." - Philippians 4:6
No comments:
Post a Comment